Inicio de sesión
Buscar audio por
Línea Abierta : Ferguson Watch. Also, Mexico Faces the Court. Also, Detained demonstrator.
- Título: Ferguson Watch. Also, Mexico Faces the Court. Also, Detained demonstrator.
- Invitado: Martín Castro, Carlos Spector Calderón, Dennis Maxwell
- Conductor: Samuel Orozco
- Fecha: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2014
- Descripción: Ferguson Watch. In Ferguson, a city with a history of racial tensions, a grand jury decides not to bring criminal charges against the White police officer who killed unarmed young Black Michael Brown.
- Género: News
- Ubicación: Oakland, CA
- Program Number: 7393
- Productor: Samuel Orozco
- Número del Programa: 7393
- Editor: Radio Bilingüe
- Derechos: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Asunto: Politics
- Año: 2014
- Nombre del Programa: la_141126.mp3
- Duración: 59:08 minutes (54.15 MB)
- Formato: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
Ferguson Watch. In Ferguson, a city with a history of racial tensions, a grand jury decides not to bring criminal charges against the White police officer who killed unarmed young Black Michael Brown. After the verdict, protests erupted in most major cities in the nation. A civil rights expert comments on the case.
Guest: Martin Castro, Chairman, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, Chicago, IL, www.usccr.gov
Mexico Faces the Court. The Inter-American Court of Human Rights held a hearing about the case of a Mexican family from Chihuahua disappeared by the military. The court requested Mexico a progress report on protection of the relatives of the victims and the findings in the search for the disappeared. A member of the defense team who attended the hearing gives details of the hearing and the agreements that were reached.
Guest: Carlos Spector Calderón, Attorney and Asylum Law Expert, El Paso, TX
Detained demonstrator. A college student of Chilean nationality was arrested in Mexico for participating in the protests in support of the 43 missing students from Ayotzinapa, on November 20th. He is been held in a maximum security prison in the state of Veracruz and faces serious charges. His family has launched an international campaign to get his freedom.
Guest: Dennis Maxwell, brother of Lawrence Maxwell, arrested during the protest of November 20th in Mexico City; Veracruz, Mexico.