Línea Abierta : Food Chains.
- Title: Food Chains.
- Guest: Demián Bichir, Lucas Benítez, Greg Asbed, Smriti Keshari
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2014
- Description: Food Chains. A documentary about a group of tomato pickers in Southern Florida who battle the powerful supermarket industry is being released in theaters around the nation this week.
- Genre: News
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Program Number: 7391
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 7391
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Art and Culture, Economic Development
- Year: 2014
- Program Name: la_141124.mp3
- Length: 59:03 minutes (54.07 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
Food Chains. A documentary about a group of tomato pickers in Southern Florida who battle the powerful supermarket industry is being released in theaters around the nation this week. The film, whose leading team includes actress Eva Longoria, exposes the human cost of our food supply and the complicity of global fast food and supermarket chains in the life of poverty and exploitation in the tomato fields.
Guests: Demian Bichir, Academy Award-nominated Actor, Spanish Narrator of Food Chains, Los Angeles, CA; Lucas Benitez, Co-Founder, Coalition of Immokalee Workers, Immokalee, FL, www.ciw-online.org ; Greg Asbed, Co-Founder, Coalition of Immokalee Workers, Los Angeles, CA; Jon Esformes, Operating Partner, Pacific Tomato Growers, Los Angeles, CA; Smriti Keshari, Producer, Food Chains, New York, NY, http://www.foodchainsfilm.com