Línea Abierta : HEALTH REFORM: STEP BY STEP.
- Title: HEALTH REFORM: STEP BY STEP.
- Guest: Carmen Avila.
- Additional Guests: Jaime Torres, Angela Alvarez, Ana Malinow, Livier Cabezas.
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2010
- Description: HEALTH REFORM: STEP BY STEP. Now that Health Reform is law, what does it mean for real-life uninsured people? Some changes will begin in September of this year, to expand coverage to young adults.
- Genre: News
- Location: San Francisco, CA.
- Program Number: 6188
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6188
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Economic Development, Health.
- Year: 2010
- Program Name: la_100825.mp3
- Length: 59:05 minutes (54.1 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
HEALTH REFORM: STEP BY STEP. Now that Health Reform is law, what does it mean for real-life uninsured people? Some changes will begin in September of this year, to expand coverage to young adults, and to require new insurance plans to cover more preventive services at no charge. Other provisions, such as the elimination of discrimination for pre-existing health conditions, won't go into effect until 2014. Analysts discuss and break down the benefits of the new health reform law, and what it will mean for the uninsured, taking into account specific real-life cases.
Guests: Carmen Avila, Uninsured mom, Downey, CA; Jaime Torres, Regional Director, Department of Health and Human Services, NY, NY. www.hhs.gov ; Angela Alvarez, Health Project Coordinator, Instituto de Educación Popular del Sur de California, Los Angeles, CA. www.idepsca.org ; Ana Malinow, M.D. Former President, Physicians for a National Health Program, Pittsburgh, PA, www.pnhp.org ; Livier Cabezas, Project Manager, UCLA Center for Health Policy Research, Los Angeles, CA. http://www.healthpolicy.ucla.edu
Search for a clinic: http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC_byAddr.aspx