Línea Abierta : WHOOPING COUGH EPIDEMIC.
- Title: WHOOPING COUGH EPIDEMIC.
- Guest: Gilberto Chavez
- Additional Guests: Jane Delgado, Félix Aguilar, María Gutiérrez.
- Host: Chelis López
- Date: MONDAY, AUGUST 16, 2010
- Description: WHOOPING COUGH EPIDEMIC. There have been more than seven thousand cases of whooping cough in the U.S. this year, the worst season for the disease in the past 50 years.
- Genre: News
- Location: San Francisco, CA.
- Program Number: 6181
- Producer: Samuel Orozco
- Progam Number: 6181
- Publisher: Radio Bilingüe
- Rights: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License
- Subject: Health
- Year: 2010
- Program Name: la_100816.mp3
- Length: 59:05 minutes (54.1 MB)
- Format: Mono 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
WHOOPING COUGH EPIDEMIC. There have been more than seven thousand cases of whooping cough in the U.S. this year, the worst season for the disease in the past 50 years. The problem is worst in California, where seven infants have died. The disease is hitting Latino infants more than others. This edition takes a look at why.
Guests: Gilberto Chavez, Chief, Center for Infectious Diseases, California Department of Public Health, Sacramento, CA, http://www.cdph.ca.gov ; Jane Delgado, President, National Alliance for Hispanic Health, Washington, DC, http://www.hispanichealth.org/ ; Félix Aguilar, Medical Director, South Central family Health Center, Los Angeles, CA; María Gutiérrez, Immunization Coordinator, Clinica Sierra Vista, Fresno, CA, www.clinicasierravista.org